Sunday, May 17, 2009

Flower Pot Card

As I said when I first started this blog, it was going to be a journey through crafting and reaching the boundaries never before travelled. With this in mind I have had an attempt at my first flower pot card. I have signed up for a swap with the theme of flower pot cards, so I thought I had better practice one.

I am really quite pleased with the design as a first attempt and I have created an svg file for use with Sure Cuts A Lot for the flower pot itself and the insert. The flowers were made from a punch I have and cutting two layers in different colours and gluing them together. The centres of the flowers are micro beads glued in the centre. I attached the flowers to the insert with dimensionals. I also have a small flower pot punch so used that as decoration on the front.

The trials to get the file to this stage did teach me that I prefer using double sided card which have different colours on each side, as when you fold the top edge over it makes a nice bit of detail to what would be the rim of the pot.

I think though I must invest in some cuttlebug embossing folders to add texture and another dimension.






Now to think what I shall attempt next!

1 comment:

  1. It's lovely, hope I get one! I designed mine with DS and will post it on my blog as soon as I take a picture.

    ReplyDelete