Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Father's Day Stubby Diamond Card



On the Cricut message board UK thread, we recently set each other a challenge to create a stubby diamond card. I decided to make mine into a card that could be used for Father's Day. My husband used to enjoy a game of poker when he was young and I believe this is a Royal Flush which is the best hand to have - mind you what do I know about poker - absolutely nothing.

I am afraid there was no use of the Cricut on this; the stubby diamond is created by folding an A4 sheet the playing cards where out of the crackers at Christmas and I computer generated the words 'Dealt the winning hand' and then cut out with a circular punch. The green base representing a card table is that 'foamy stuff' forgotten the name and then I scanned the Royal Flush once I had stuck the cards together and before I stuck them on the card and created a background paper. Then I matted this with red metallic card.

I have had to be sneaky to post this as he often looks in on the blog to see what I have been doing and I want this to be a surprise, but he is on a course this week so too tired to look in and by the time the course is finished Father's Day will have been and gone. Sneaky eh!

This is how to fold the card to achieve a stubby diamond.


I hope you have enjoyed this card and it has sparked some inspiration within yourself. Thanks for popping in and please do keep popping by.

1 comment:

  1. Liz this card is fantastic I love your attention to detail with the green 'card table' and you are so clever designing your own backround paper for the perfect match. Wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete